Help & support


See below a list of our most frequently asked questions. Here, you can see further information about documents, policy changes, renewals, claims, making a payment and more.

Customer Portal

How do I activate my account?

After your policy has been set up, you will receive an email with a link to activate your account.

To activate your account, simply click on the link and create a password for your account. The email address you use for registering your portal must be the same as used when the policy was taken out.

You will then be able to log in and view your policy documents and details. From here, you can easily manage your policy 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.

If your policy has been set up and you have not received your activation email please click here to register your account now. Please ensure you use the same email as when the policy was set up.

I’ve forgotten my password, how do I request a new one?

Don’t worry if you have forgotten your password – you can reset this easily by clicking on the ‘forgot password’ link on the portal log in page (you can do this here ).

You’ll need to enter a few details for security measures. Following this, you will receive an email with a link to reset your password.

How to Contact us?

The easiest way to contact us through our live chat.

I have more than one policy with One Click Insurance, will all of my documents be on the portal?

Yes, all policies under your name will be held on our system and all of your documents can be easily accessed within the same account.

If some documents aren’t showing up in your account, please use our Live Chat service and a member of our team will be happy to look into this for you.

What can I manage on the customer portal?

You can manage your policy quickly and simply on your online Customer Portal – which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week!

You can even save yourself up to £19 by making your changes online, instead of using Live Chat.

If you have multiple policies with us, you can manage each of your policies alongside each other – it’s so simple.

Why can’t I log into my portal?

If you’re having trouble logging into your account, it’s worth checking the following:

• Your log in details: please ensure you’re using the correct person’s details to log in. If you are a joint policy holder or a second named driver, then the portal will not be in your name and you will not be able to access the account.

• Your password: if your password is incorrect, you can reset it by clicking on the ‘forgotten password’ link. Clicking on this link will trigger an email from which you’ll be able to reset your password.

• Check you are using the correct email address to what you first registered with

If you’ve checked all of the above and you’re still experiencing issues, please contact us via live chat and we will be able to assist you.

Have my details changed on the portal?

As soon as you process any change on the portal you are covered from the confirmation screen. It may take 48 hours for your documents to update, but whether it’s a change of address or vehicle you’re covered from the moment it’s confirmed.

Can I drive other vehicle third party?

Please refer to your motor insurance certificate (page 1, section 6) to see if you’re eligible for this.

Can I report a claim on the portal?

If you are a private car member then yes, you can report all claims including windscreen through your customer portal.
All other policy types will still need to call 0203 738 7300

Can I report a windscreen claim on the portal?

If you are a private car policy holder then yes, you can report all claims including windscreen through your customer portal. Commercial vehicle platinum members will still need to call 0203 738 7300

Can I report a breakdown on the portal?

Yes, all breakdowns can be reported quickly and simply by logging into your account on our customer portal.

General Insurance FAQ’s

Why is my vehicle not showing on the MID?

If you have recently taken out insurance with us, it can take up to 7 working days to update on MID.

What does the term insurance mean?

To put it simply, insurance is a form of financial protection against risks associated items you have purchased. You’ll be more likely to take out insurance if the product you’re purchasing amounts to a significant value.

The list of insurance policy types is endless – almost any product will come with the option to add insurance.
The most common types of insurance are motor vehicle insurance or home insurance policies – these are also our most popular insurance types.

What does an insurance broker do?

Insurance brokers, like ourselves, act as a ‘middle-ground’ between yourself and insurance companies. We aim to help you find a policy that is best suited to your demands and needs. We do this by scouring the market for a list of quotes based on your requirements and providing you with enough information to make an informed decision about that given product.

Can I insure two cars at the same time?

Yes, we can offer a quote to extend your policy to cover more than one vehicle, but only on a temporary, short-term basis, you can get a quote via the customer portal.

Unfortunately, not all of the insurers we represent can offer temporary cover as part of the existing policy, however you can get a quote through our Temporary Cover page here

Alternatively, if you need cover for an additional vehicle on a permanent basis, you are able to get a quote through our website.

Do I need to declare claims and convictions I’ve received from driving a vehicle different from the one which I would like to insure?

Yes, it’s important that you declare any previous claims or convictions – even if they are unrelated to the vehicle you would like to insure. You should declare all claims and convictions received within the last 5 years.

In line with the law, you must declare any claims or convictions that you have received on your driving license, whether you received them on your car, van, motorbike – or any other type of motor vehicle. You must even declare a claim made whilst being insured on another person’s vehicle.

How do I make a complaint?

If you would like to make a complaint, we kindly ask you to follow our complaints procedure in the hope of resolving the issue as quickly as possible for you.

The first step is for you to contact the appropriate department via Live Chat and discuss your complaint with one of our agents. Our agents have been trained to provide a high level of service and will try their best to resolve any dissatisfaction where possible.

If, after speaking with an agent, you still feel the outcome to be dissatisfactory, our agent will refer you to their line manager who will discuss matters with you further in the hope of resolving your complaint to the highest standard possible.

You can also register your complaint directly to the relevant department, or the Complains Handling Manager, via our free post address at:

Free Post
PO BOX 664

As a valued customer, we want you to know that we will do everything in our power to resolve the situation for you.

We’d also like to apologise for any situation which has resulted in you feeling like you need to escalate a complaint – we look forward to rectifying this for you.

What is the difference between a rated and an unrated insurer?

Insurance Firms can choose to be ‘rated’ according to an ‘official financial strength rating’ which is provided by one of the international rating agencies, such as Standard and Poor’s 500 Index (S&P), Moody’s, Fitch Ratings and AM Best. Essentially, where insurance companies specifically ask to be scored, their rating is awarded according to their financial strength and ability to pay claims. The higher the score the ‘safer’ it is to hold an insurance policy with that provider.

An un-rated insurer is one which does not carry an official financial strength rating – this is often because they choose not to participate as the rating is often expensive to purchase and is not required by law. A rated insurer is one which does carry a financial strength rating.

Is insurance cheaper through a broker?

As an insurance broker, we negotiate prices with the insurance providers on our panel – so it is likely that you will find a cheaper price than you would if shopping with them directly.

However, please note that, as a broker, we must perform a variety of security and integrity checks on behalf of our insurance providers. There are also some changes that are unfortunately subject to additional cost, particularly if they involve changing address, a vehicle or driver. As such, we’ll charge an administration fee for changes like these to be made. This is to cover the time and resources involved in making such changes.

Can I drive abroad? Do I need a green card?

Yes, you can drive abroad – but, for additional peace of mind, you should make sure your breakdown membership is valid outside of the UK. You are not required to have a green card if you are driving within the EU.

What is an insurance excess?

An insurance excess is the amount you’re required to pay when making a claim on your insurance. In essence, it’s your contribution towards covering the cost of repairs.

Almost all insurance policies (except for life insurance) requires a minimum excess to be paid – this is usually agreed when you take out your policy.

There are two parts to an insurance excess:

• A compulsory excess: this is decided by your insurer and cannot be changed. It’s non-negotiable and you must be agreed to when you take out your insurance policy. It is based (and will vary depending) on your circumstances and risk factors such as your age, type of car, location and claims history.
• A voluntary excess: this is chosen by you – or the policy holder. You do not have to add a voluntary excess, but it could help reduce your premium if you do.

Your compulsory and voluntary excess combine to create a total excess which must be paid in the event of making a claim. You agree to this when taking out your policy.

You may be interested by an additional product we offer –Lifestyle Excess Protection, which can give you peace of mind when it comes to paying an excess in the event of making a claim.

For further information or to purchase this product, please log into your customer portal.


What are the endorsements on my insurance certificate?

Endorsements are changes or exclusions to a policy, they alter the terms referring to a certain area of cover. All schedules will have a list of endorsements on the following page for informational purposes only. Only those specified in ‘Endorsements Applying’ are applicable to your policy. If this shows no endorsements applying, they can be ignored.

endorsement example

Why have you requested my Driving Licence details?

On some occasions you may be asked to provide your driving licence details in order for your driving history to be checked. If this is needed we’ll contact you to let you know.

We might ask for your driving licence number, national insurance number and the postcode connected to the licence. This information will enable us to check your information using the DVLA’s Share My Licence System.

If requested, this can be done via your customer portal.

Please note that we do not store your national insurance number – we will only use it for the purposes of the validation checks.

If you don’t want to provide your national insurance number, you can instead provide us with the last 8 digits of your driving licence number along with a check code from the DVLA. Further information on this can be found here .

Please be aware that failure to provide either of these details when requested could result in your policy being cancelled.

Will my personal information remain private and protected?

Here at One Click Insurance, we understand that you value your privacy. Which is why we keep your contact details secure – only to be used by us. We will never pass your personal information on to other companies for any marketing purposes.

Why do I need to send proof of my no claims bonus (NCB)?

Your no claims bonus – sometimes known as a no claims discount, is a reward for the number of years you’ve driven without making a claim on your insurance. It comes in the form of a discount on your policy premium. We will try to validate your NCB internally but occasionally your insurer will require proof of your no claims bonus to confirm that you’re entitled to the discount, in which case we will contact you for this.

This proof can be provided in the form of a recent renewal notice or a letter from your previous insurer confirming your no claims bonus.

However, in order to be valid, the document will need to show:

• How many years NCB you have
• Expiry date of the previous policy
• Previous policy number
• Name of insurer on company headed paper

If you do not provide proof when requested, your discount may be removed and an additional premium could be added to your account.

As a One Click Insurance customer, uploading your proof of no claims is easy. Simply log into your account on our customer portal.

I have received a letter saying I have a misrepresented claim, but it was for notification only purposes. What proof do I need to send in?

We would require you to upload written proof to the customer portal. This needs to be from the insurer you were with at the time of the claim and must confirm that the claim was settled as notification only. This either needs to be a letter or PDF company headed document.

Emails will not be accepted.

You have requested a document from me, how can I upload this?

If we require any documentation from you then we will send a document upload link via email. Please note, if you’re uploading documents sent from another company, please ensure the document is printed on company headed paper and posted in a letter or PDF format.

Why does my certificate show a lower premium than what I am paying?

The motor insurance certificate will show the premium from the insurer both with and without insurance premium tax. What it does not include is any additional products you have purchased, such as additional breakdown cover or home emergency.


What is premium finance?

Premium finance is a method of paying for your insurance, by enabling you to spread the cost of your premium over a series of smaller, regular payments.

The money is essentially loaned to you by a finance provider of which you repay in monthly instalments. There are variable interest rates involved with premium finance. It is seen as an additional product as it does work out more expensive pay via Premium Finance.

What is a payment default?

A payment default refers to a missed or failed payment leading to an overdue, outstanding balance.

Why is there a fee for a default?

Due to the process involved, our finance providers apply an administration fee which covers the time and costs involved in effecting these changes and bringing your payment up to date.

A breakdown of these fees can be found in your direct debit agreement which would have been sent to you by your finance provider.

How do I pay my default payment?

Provided the agreement is still running, you can visit our payments page on the customer portal and make a payment online.

Our customer portal is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week – so you can make this payment at a convenient time for you.

Can I change my Direct Debit date and is there a charge?

If you wish to change your direct debit instalment to a more suitable date, you can do so by logging into your account on our customer portal. Our customer portal is open 24 hours a day, so you can arrange this at a time that’s convenient for you.

This amendment is free of charge – though, any arrears will need to be cleared before we can update your payment date.

Please note this does not replace any cancellation notice you may have received regarding your arrears. Unfortunately, failure to keep your account up to date may result in your policy being cancelled.

What fees do One Click charge?

All applicable fees that One Click charge can be viewed here


What happens at renewal?

A renewal pack will be uploaded to your customer portal at least 21 days before your policy is due for renewal.

Your renewal cost will be based on the information you provided when you first took out your policy with us. It is your responsibility to let us know about any change in circumstance. For example, if you have changed your address or modified your vehicle, you should let us know beforehand, as changes such as these could affect your policy terms or premium.

Will my insurance be automatically renewed?

All annual policies will automatically renew unless you make us aware otherwise.

If you wish to stop your policy from automatically renewing, please opt out of auto renewal by logging into your account on the customer portal under the accounts section or contacting the renewals department via Live Chat.

Please note if you contact us within 5 days of the renewal date the payment details for the renewal may have already been processed as shown below.

If you are paying for your insurance by direct debit, we will automatically renew your policy and issue confirmation via email along with your new insurance documents (approximately 5 days before your renewal date). Your direct debit collections will continue on the same date as you have previously paid.

If you are paying in full by credit or debit card, we will debit the full amount of your renewal premium from your account (up to 5 days before your renewal date). Please refer to our Information Booklet for full terms and conditions.

If we do not hold valid direct debit or debit/credit card details, you can arrange your renewal by speaking to one of our Live Chat renewal agents.

Can I change how I pay for my renewal online?

Yes, changing your payment method is easy! Simply log into your account on our customer portal and visit the ‘view my renewal’ section. Here, you’ll be able to make the necessary changes in no time at all.

Whether your old card has expired, you would like to add a new card, or you’d like to change from paying annually to paying monthly you can do so in the ‘view my renewal’ section of your customer portal.

Why has the cost of my insurance increased this year?

There are many factors that contribute to the cost of your insurance, so it can be difficult to pinpoint exactly what has made your premium increase. Some factors are outside of our control, such as:

• Economic cycles
• Legislation and regulation decisions resulting in increased liabilities
• Political influences
• Cost of claims

However, if you have made any changes, received a motoring conviction or made a claim in the last 12 months then the new price will reflect the new risk details.

If you do need to make any changes to your policy, no matter how small, please contact us and we will make these changes to get you an up-to-date quote.


What is a home emergency?

The exact definition of a home emergency differs from insurer to insurer. But, in a nutshell, it’s an issue that makes your home uninhabitable or unsafe – putting your health and wellbeing at risk. Please view your policy documents for my information.

Can I specify an item on my policy?

We encourage you to specify an item when first taking out your policy. If your policy has already come into effect, then please contact us via Live Chat and a member of our team will be happy to help with your request.

If you have specified an item that is of high value on your home insurance, you’ll need to provide proof of value in the form of a valuation or a receipt of that item. You can specify an item on your policy at inception or if your policy has already come into effect then please speak to one of our Live Chat agents with this request. If you have specified an item that is of high value on your home insurance, you need to provide a valuation or a receipt of that item for proof of value.

Can I insure a high value item?

Yes – however, any item generally valued at over £1500 (dependant on the insurer) would need to be declared individually in order to be covered. This is known as ‘specifying an item’.

You can specify an item when you first take out your policy or, if your policy has already come into effect, please speak to one of our Live Chat agents who will be able to assist you with this request. Please note, you will need to know the value of the item and provide a description of the item.

If you have specified an item that is of high value, you need to provide a valuation or a receipt for proof of purchase.

What if I need to make a claim on my home insurance?

For claims matters, please contact our dedicated claims team via Live Chat or by calling 0203 738 7300.

Our team are available 24/7, ready to offer the right support and guidance throughout.

If you’re involved in an incident, whether you wish to make a claim, you must report the incident within 24 hours – failure to report a claim, no matter how big or small, may cause complications for you if you wish to report in the future.

What is the difference between floods and escape of water?

The difference between a flood and escape of water is where the water has come from.

A flood: water coming into your house from an external source. For example, from an overflowing river or a burst water main.
Escape of water: water coming from inside your house. For example, from a burst or leaking pipe.

What does my Legal Cover provide?

If you have included our additional legal cover, our policies come with £25,000 cover to pursue legal action if you are injured as a result of an accident at home, in a public place or at work, where the negligence of a third party was the sole or contributing factor for your injury or loss. This will also cover advice to family members living at your home at the time of the incident.

What is subsidence?

Subsidence is when the ground sinks, causing the foundations and structure of your property to become unbalanced. Damage can occur as a result of subsidence, for example, you may notice cracks developing in the walls, doors and windows and loose or wobbly floors.

Subsidence can happen naturally and is particularly common during prolonged dry spells and heatwaves. It can also be caused by human activity.

If you notice a subsidence issue, it’s important that you tell your insurer to ensure you are sufficiently covered should it get worse. If you are worried that your property may be suffering from subsidence, a survey will be able to tell you whether that is the case. It is carried out by a chartered surveyor, who will identify if subsidence is present and what the most probable cause is.

Are my gadgets covered?

Not necessarily, as your home insurance will only cover your gadgets should something happen to them at home. Plus, depending on your underwriter, they may not be covered for as much as you like.

To ensure your gadgets – such as your phone, air pods or tablet, are fully covered (including accidental damage outside the home) you may need to purchase our gadget cover. You can do this via your customer portal.


How do I cancel?

You can cancel your insurance policy on our customer portal just log in here.

If you’re thinking about cancelling due to a change in circumstances our Live Chat team will most likely be able to help you update your existing policy or alternatively find you a brand new quote.

Why do I have to pay a cancellation fee?

As an insurance broker, we have to manually perform a variety of security and integrity checks on behalf of our insurance providers for both home and motor insurance. Unfortunately, this does cost time and money to perform and starts as soon as you purchase the policy. The fee is charged by us as a broker to recover any costs incurred whilst settling the insurance, providing a service and cancelling the insurance.

We regularly review the cancellation fee and compare against our competitors. We also ensure the fee does not exceed the total cost of your insurance.

I pay via premium finance, why do I owe money to cancel my policy?

If you pay via monthly instalments using a premium finance provider, this does not mean you pay for your insurance on a rolling monthly basis.

Essentially, paying monthly means that you have agreed to take out a loan from the finance provider and pay this back over a 12 month contract.

How is the cancellation calculated?

Cancellations inside of the 14-day cooling off period are a total of the time you have been insured for calculated by the insurer and a set-up fee.

Cancellations outside of the 14-day cooling off period follow a set charge structure which takes into account our administration costs for arranging the policy and administrating the policy cancellation. You will be charged for any time on cover as calculated by your insurance provider; this is normally pro rata and an insurance fee, any broker charges, a cancellation fee and the cost of any additional products purchased.

Where you have paid your premium in full, we will let you know the amount you are due back. If you are paying by Premium Finance, you will need to pay a balance of the cancellation charges as set out above, once we have calculated how much you have paid.

Please note this cancellation is based on no claims being made within the policy term, if a claim is outstanding or settled as a fault claim then the insurance premium will be owed in full.


How do I make a claim?

If you’re involved in an accident or your vehicle is damaged, stolen or vandalised you will need to call our Claims department on 0203 738 7300.

It is important that you report all incidents within 24 hours – even if you do not wish to claim. It is important that you log this with us, as failure to report a claim may cause difficulties in the future.

What should I do if I am involved in an accident?

Firstly, you must stop if you are involved in any incident.

If you own the vehicle, you must give your name, address and insurance details to anyone who has a good reason for asking.

If you do not own the vehicle, you must give the owner’s name and address and the registration number of the vehicle.

Do not apologise or admit fault.

Please collect the following information to give to the One Call Accident Helpline, as this will help us speed up your claim and will allow us to contact anybody else involved:

• Full details of the other driver(s)
• Phone number(s)
• Registration number(s)

You also need to make a note of:

• Injuries caused
• Witnesses
• Police officers
• Report references

Once we have the above information, our Claims team will be able to provide you with the relevant support and information, to help you get your vehicle back on the road as quickly and safely as possible.

Can I claim on my car insurance policy if my vehicle is hit by an uninsured driver or by an unknown driver?

If you’re hit by an uninsured driver or an unknown driver, then you can make a claim on your insurance – but only if you have a comprehensive policy.

Third-party and third-party fire and theft policies do not allow you to make a claim for personal damages.

Please note, if you do make a claim, this will affect your No Claims Bonus (NCB), unless we can claim our costs back from the Motor Insurance Bureau. Please call our Claims department for more information on 0203 738 7300.

If my vehicle is written off, what will happen to the policy?

This varies depending on your insurer.

In most cases, you will be given 14 days to replace the vehicle on your current insurance. After this, your policy will be cancelled.

Please note, we will not automatically cancel your policy from the moment your vehicle is written off. We will give you at least 7 days’ notice before the policy is cancelled.

What happens if my policy is cancelled after a claim is made?

If you’re paying by a payment plan, such as a Direct Debit, and your premium has not been fully paid, you will be required to pay the outstanding balance.

If your premium was paid in full, you will not be refunded.

What happens if the other driver disputes the accident circumstances?

Providing we have the evidence or circumstances to support your version of events, we will do our very best to defend your position.

However, if the evidence does not fully support either driver’s version of the incident, everybody involved may have to take some responsibility. In this instance we will negotiate the best possible settlement with the other driver.

What’s the difference between a fault and non-fault claim?

If, after an accident, your insurer can recover the costs of repairing your vehicle from a third party, this would be considered a non-fault claim. Whereas, if you claim on your own insurance and your insurer must pay out in some way, this would be considered a fault claim.

For example:

• If somebody hits into the back of your vehicle and your insurer can recover the financial loss incurred from repairing your vehicle – this would be a non-fault claim.
• If you crash and it is not clear who was at fault for the accident, there is no third party to claim from or no other vehicles were involved – this would be a fault claim.

It doesn’t matter if you’ve made a fault or non-fault claim – both must be disclosed to your future insurers as well as your current insurer.

It is worth noting, that if your claim is outstanding, it’s likely it will be considered fault until a settlement has been made.


What is underinsurance?

Underinsurance means that the level of insurance you have isn’t enough. This can be for your home or the things in it. If you do not have the right level of contents or buildings insurance, you might have to pay more yourself when you claim.

For example, if your contents are worth £40,000 but you only value them at £20,000 on your policy, you are 50% underinsured. If you were to make a claim, some insurers would only pay 50% of your claim. This means you would have to pay the rest yourself.

Even if the amount you claim is less than the total sum insured, you won’t have paid the right premium for the cover you need. So, your claims payment may still be reduced. Having the right level of cover is almost as important as the cover itself. It means if you ever need to make a claim, you won’t find yourself at a loss.

How can you check if you are underinsured?


To see if you are underinsured for contents, first work out how much your belongings are worth. You should do this regularly, in case things have changed in value or you have bought something new. You should include everything you would need to replace if you had a total loss. For example, if all your belongings were destroyed in a house fire.

Then, check your value against your current policy to see what the gap is. If there is a big difference, it may be worth upping the amount you are insured for.

It’s important to check all your policy limits, as there may be things that are insured for a lower limit. If you have home insurance with us, you can check your policy on customer portal and see what’s covered.


To see if you are underinsured for buildings cover, there are rebuilding calculators you can use online that will give you a rough estimate based on the property details. One such calculator is BCIS Public Rebuild Calculator. Remember this is only a guide and gives amounts based on different standards of property.

Please note: One Click Insurance Services Limited is not responsible for the content of external websites and accepts no liability if the rebuild cost provided to us is incorrect, regardless of its source.

It’s important to check all your policy limits, as there may be things that are insured for a lower limit. If you have home insurance with us, you can check your policy on customer portal and see what’s covered.

Ways to avoid being underinsured.

• Check the amount you are insured for. If your policy has a single item or total claim limit, check that these are still right for you.
• Add up the value of your contents room by room. Don’t forget your attic, basement and garage.
• Work out the cost to replace the item now, not what you paid for it. Look up the most recent price of the item to understand this.
• Include any new high value items or heirlooms you have. You may need to list these separately on your policy.
• Think about items you want to cover when you’re out and about. Are they protected under your existing cover or do you need extra cover?

What happens if you are underinsured?

If you take out a lower policy than you need, it can affect how much you can claim for. You may only get a percentage of the money you need to replace or repair your home and contents.

You will then need to pay the remaining amount yourself.

Managing your policy online…

One Click is a Fully Self Service Insurance Company. Upon purchasing your policy you’ll be provided with an online portal so you can manage your policy at any time and place that’s convenient for you.

One Click is a Fully Self Service Insurance Company. Upon purchasing your policy you’ll be provided with an online portal so you can manage your policy at any time and place that’s convenient for you.

  • Make a change to your policy
  • Make a payment
  • Make a claim
  • Review your renewal
  • View and download your policy documents
  • 24 hour emergency claims phoneline

Looking to add a little more to your policy?

Our aim is to get you a policy that saves you both time and money, but if you’re looking for a little more then we’ve got you covered! Explore our policy extras in your customer portal today…

Looking to add a little more to your policy?

Our aim is to get you a policy that saves you both time and money, but if you’re looking for a little more then we’ve got you covered! Explore our policy extras in your customer portal today…